- Door Handle
- Prayer beads / Malas
- Singing Bowls
- Tibetan Prayer flags
- Tingsha / Cymbals
- Wall Hangings
- OM MANI PADME HUN Ring.
- It is made out of 100% pure sterling silver.
- It is handmade in Patan, Nepal.
- It is beautifully wielded with Vajra and Compassion mantra.
- Free size; adjustable in the back.
- 1/2” wide.
- .28 oz / 8 grams in weight.
What is the meaning of Om Mani padme Hun?
Om mani padme hum is the most important mantra in Buddhism. It is the six syllable mantra of the Bodhisattva of compassion Avalokiteshvara. The Dalai Lama is said to be an incarnation of Avalokiteshvara, so the mantra is especially revered by his devotes.
The basic English translation of Om mani padme hum is "Om Jewel in the Lotus Hum" or "Praise to the Jewel in the Lotus." However, the meaning and significance of the six Tibetan syllables have been interpreted in a variety of ways. One common interpretation is that each syllable corresponds to one of the six realms of existence and purifies the vice associated with that realm:
- Om purifies bliss and pride (realm of the gods)
- Ma purifies jealousy and need for entertainment (realm of the jealous gods)
- Ni purifies passion and desire (human realm)
- Pad purifies ignorance and prejudice (animal realm)
- Me purifies poverty and possessiveness (realm of the hungry ghosts)
- Hum purifies aggression and hatred (hell realm)
It has also been said that recitation of each of the syllables prevents rebirth in the corresponding realm.